Researchers of all career stages, from PhD students to world-leading professors, are warmly invited to join us at the 5th ERC Grantees Conference in Edinburgh this summer.
- Please register using the ePay website
- Registration deadline 11th January 2021.
- Delegate/poster presenter registration fee: £200
- Invited speaker registration fee: £300
- Emerging investigator bursary awardee: Registration FREE.
The registration fee covers the cost of the venue hire and includes 3-days of lunches, coffee breaks, and the conference dinner (plus speakers’ dinner for all invited lecturers and emerging investigator lecture awardees). If you have accessibility or dietary requirements, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please use this Abstract Template (.docx file)
- Poster abstract deadline, 11th January 2021
- Email abstracts to email@example.com
- Posters must fit on an A0 posterboard in portrait orientation
Emerging Investigator Bursaries
We are pleased to have support from the Organic Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry to award five Emerging Investigator Bursaries to extend the participation of early-career researchers (from PhD students to newly appointed academics). Each bursary covers the conference registration costs. The aim is to embed these researchers within the community, encourage collaborations, and ultimately, the preparation of their own competitive fellowship / ERC starting grant applications. Awardees will deliver a 12-minute presentation on the first day of the conference to maximise their scientific exposure. Awards will be made on a competitive basis, with applications scored and ranked primarily based on research excellence and promise.
- Early applications are encouraged; applications will be considered on a rolling basis via an elimination process that retains the top five applicants. This will allow unsuccessful applicants to make early arrangements to minimise costs should they still wish to attend the conference.
- To apply, please email a 500-word case for support, 1-page CV, and abstract (preferably all contained within a single PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will not be considered after 30th October 2020. Final outcomes will be communicated within a few days of the final deadline to allow ample time for registration and travel/accommodation reservations.
RSC members may also be eligible to apply for travel or carer grants: