The 5th edition of this prestigious conference series will be held at the historic Surgeons’ Hall in the heart of Edinburgh city centre, a 30-minute taxi, or 45-minute bus journey from Edinburgh airport (EDI).
Please note that accommodation is not included in the registration fee. The city-centre location of the venue means that there are large number of options available. Nonetheless, Edinburgh is a popular tourist destination, so advanced booking is strongly advised.
- Hotels.com (in the event of travel uncertainty, hotels.com offers free cancellation on most reservations)
- Ten Hill Place Hotel (4*)
- Ibis Edinburgh Centre - Royal Mile Hotel or South Bridge (3*)
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Royal Mile (3*)
- Salisbury Green Hotel (next to Pollock Halls) (3*) https://www.edinburghfirst.co.uk/
- Pollock Halls (student accommodation) https://www.edinburghfirst.co.uk/
- Travelodge - Edinburgh Centre (2*)
Travel by Air
Edinburgh airport (EDI) is located 12 kilometres from the city centre and is well served by frequent bus services and airport taxis. Car hire is available at the airport. The airport is a 20-30-minute drive from the city centre.
The airport bus service 100, runs 24 hours every 10 minutes (£7.50 return). It collects passengers from directly outside the airport and carry customers to the city centre (final stop Waverley Bridge is the nearest to the venue). There is also a tram that runs every 7 minutes from the airport to the city centre (St Andrews Square is the nearest stop, £9 return, buy ticket before you board).
Travel by Rail & Bus
Surgeon’s Hall is an 8-minute walk from Waverley railway station with frequent local and national services. All bus and train services are indexed by Google Maps. Lothian buses operate a fixed fare of £1.80 a journey using bank card contactless payment (excluding airport services). Unlimited daily bus travel is capped at £4.40 (use the same card to pay. Alternatively, you can pay by cash, exact change only (no change given).
Several buses stop very close to the venue that operate along roads from the south of the city:
- A701 served by buses 3, 7, 8, 29, X29, 31, X31, 37, X37, 47, X47, 49, N7, N31, N37
- A7 served by buses 14, 30, 33, N3, N30
- A700 served by buses 67.
Travel by Road
Main roads into Edinburgh are the M8 from the West, and the A1 from the South. Please note that parking in central Edinburgh will prove to be costly. Please consult Parkopedia for options.