From Dynamic and Active Materials to Supramolecular Catalysis
11 to 13 July 2023
Conference photo taken on 12th July 2023, Old College, Edinburgh.
Researchers of all career stages, from PhD students to world-leading professors, were warmly invited to join us at the 5th ERC Grantees Conference in Edinburgh this summer. The goal of this conference series is to discuss the development of supramolecular systems and to provide a platform for interactions between emerging investigators and scientists supported by the ERC. The 5th ERC Grantees Conference will brought together some of Europe’s leading researchers in:
- Bio/supramolecular systems
- Molecular recognition
- Dynamic and active materials
- Supramolecular & organo-catalysis
- Systems chemistry
- Prof. Scott L. Cockroft (University of Edinburgh)
- Prof. Oren Scherman (University of Cambridge)
We hope to continue the success and quality established by the previous organisers of this excellent conference series:
- 2018 - Rafal Klajn and Gonen Ashkenasy, hosted at the Weizmann Institute, Israel.
- 2016 - Andreas Herrmann and Sijbren Otto, hosted in Zandvoort, the Netherlands.
- 2014 - Hans Börner and Stefan Hecht, hosted in Berlin, Germany.
- 2012 - Nicolas Giuseppone and Jean-François Lutz, hosted in Strasbourg, France.
Future editions of the ERC Grantees' conference
- Arri Priimägi and Olli Ikkala will host the 6th Edition in Finland, summer 2025, with a prospective theme of "From Responsive Molecules to Interactive Materials" .
- Francesco Ricci and Alberto Credi, are proposed to host the 7th Edition in Italy, 2027 (and as a reserve location for 2025).
Prospective bids to host later editions in Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Austria were passed on to the past, present, and future hosts of the ERC Grantees' conferences for future consideration. Long may this conference series continue!
Banner picture credit: Original photograph by Magnus Hagdorn