Researchers of all career stages, from PhD students to world-leading professors, are warmly invited to join us at the 5th ERC Grantees Conference in Edinburgh this summer.
- Registration is now closed.
The registration fee covers the cost of the venue hire and includes 3-days of lunches, coffee breaks, and two conference dinners.
- Posters must fit on an A0 posterboard in portrait orientation.
- No abstract required. All are welcome to bring a poster. If you missed the option to say you will be bringing a poster when you registered, then you can email Scott Cockroft so that we can ensure sufficient posterboards.
Emerging Investigator Bursaries
We are pleased to have support from the Organic Division of the Royal Society of Chemistry to award five Emerging Investigator Bursaries to extend the participation of early-career researchers (from PhD students to newly appointed academics). Each bursary covers the conference registration costs. The aim is to embed these researchers within the community, encourage collaborations, and ultimately, the preparation of their own competitive fellowship / ERC starting grant applications. Awardees will deliver a 12-minute presentation on the first day of the conference to maximise their scientific exposure. Awards will be made on a competitive basis, with applications scored and ranked primarily based on research excellence and promise.
- Early applications are encouraged; applications will be considered on a rolling basis via an elimination process that retains the top five applicants. This will allow unsuccessful applicants to make early arrangements to minimise costs should they still wish to attend the conference.
- To apply, please email a 500-word case for support, 1-page CV, and abstract (preferably all contained within a single PDF) to Scott Cockroft.
- Please use this Abstract Template (.docx file)
- Deadline for applications was 18th April 2023. Final outcomes were communicated by 21st April to allow ample time for registration and travel/accommodation reservations.
RSC members may also be eligible to apply for travel or carer grants: